Friday 20 April 2012

My Uke-Leash has Arrived!

I found and joined a local uke group last week, and quickly decided that I really did need a ukulele strap.

I'd seen the Uke Leash talked about on the Ukulele Undergound Forum, and checked out the website where Lori sells them. It looked a great piece of kit for someone still struggling with holding a ukulele easily while changing chords - and the sight of my group leader sporting a home-made strap convinced me that yes - a strap is nothing to be ashamed of!

I ordered one the very next day, posted to the blog about it, and it has now arrived here in the UK from California. It came just in time for me to attach the detachable headstock end to my ukulele before heading off to my second ukulele group meeting!

As soon as I put it on I knew that I'd made the right decision! It really does help, and it's very comfortable! The Uke Leash is a quality strap, the main strap being easily unclipped from the part attached to the headstock. You wear the strap around the right shoulder if you are right-handed, and the length of the strap is easily adjusted. I love it! The polypropylene strap is available in a wide variety of colours, with or without a Uke Leash logo - your choice.

If you have more than one ukulele, you can buy additional headstock ends, so you only use one main strap between instruments! Brilliant. What a great product!

Congratulations Lori!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley, love your blog! Entertaining as ever! I've been considering one of these leash thingy's. Was it expensive? What with shipping and all, I assumed it would be...Anyway, speak soon hun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul, thanks for your so kind comment! No. not expensive, well worth buying. Take a look at the website! It worked out at £12.91 and arrived in 6 days. I'll be getting an extra headstock strap for my banjo-uke. Happy weekend! :)

      Delete

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!