Monday 11 June 2012

Coming up - the GFS, June Convention 2012

LSH (Long-Suffering-Husband) and I have just returned from sunny Blackpool and the golden Mile - except that it wasn't at all sunny; the weather was foul, with rain and cold, high winds, and the golden mile and the sea itself were totally sludge-coloured. Blackpool itself is pretty sludge-coloured, and has little to commend it in my eyes - except that it hosts the George Formby Society Convention four times a year - a veritable mecca for Formby fans and banjo-ukers in general. We went to the June meeting, 9th and 10th June, as first-timers, hoping for a great weekend of entertainment - and were not disappointed. It surpassed all expectations.

After two days and evenings of solid entertainment and fun, with the friendliest people and great musical talent, I'm ever so slightly the worse for wear, in the nicest possible way - so hang about, and I'll tell you all about it, with pictures, tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!