Tuesday 21 August 2012

"Bye Bye Blues" - Ukulele lesson tutorial by ukulelemike, Mike Lynch



I've been looking at the popular jazz standard "Bye Bye Blues", written by Fred Hamm, Dave Bennett, Bert Lown, and Chauncey Gray and published in 1930. More on the song here.

This lovely version, by ukulelemike, Mike Lynch, has quite a jazzy sound because of the chords chosen... lots of 7ths and minor 7ths. Mike puts the chords up on the video, which is really helpful when you're trying to follow it...

For ease, here they are in order

A - F7 - Em - F#7 - B7 - E7 - A - Cdim7 - Bm7 - E7

Next time .... another great version of Bye Bye Blues, a couple of tutorial videos by Matthew Richards for playing Bye Bye Blues melody-style, using basic chords. You can take your pick!

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate the lessons. Stuff like this really helps players to keep learning. I think music is all about its endless possibilities. Great post keep up the hard work. Check these out IStillGotMyGuitar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, sorry I missed replying! But I'm glad you've enjoyed the stuff I share. it's really all down to the great people who share their expertise on their videos! I just spread the good words! Music is certainly endless possibilities!

      Delete
  2. great stuff bin looking 4 this song to include in a medley of Les Paul style songs.
    keep up the the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Mike Lynch's tutorials are so good, I'm glad you found what you were looking for! Thanks for reading!

      Delete

HI! I hope you enjoy this blog and I'd love to hear your comments! But I know you'll forgive me if I read them over before I click the "publish" button! Thanks!